Monday, April 27

Bollywood pays tribute to Feroz Khan


With the sad demise of Feroz Khan, the Hindi film industry has truly lost a gem. The film industry got together to share their memories of the star, and pay their condolences.

Anees Bazmee

I feel fortunate to have had the opportunity to work with such a great actor in Welcome. I shared a very close relationship with him. We got close during the shoot of my film, No Entry [which starred Feroz's son Fardeen].

I still can't believe he is no more. He was a great man apart from being a devoted actor. Initially, he did not want to do any film. But later, he told me that he would do it only because it was my film.

He had really liked No Entry and was impressed by Fardeen's work. I last met him in South Africa where we had a good time. I have always loved his films. I even remember his dialogues and most of his films, scene by scene. He was astonished because I could remember his films and dialogues.

He was so stylish. He had a class -- not only about his persona but also about his work, may it be direction, acting, writing...

I remember an incident during the shooting of Welcome. We shot most of the film in Switzerland but for the climax, we had to shoot in Dubai due to some technical problems. In Swizerland, Ferozsaab would wear muflers and woolen clothes due to the cold weather. But when we shot the climax in Dubai, the temperature was 48 degrees. Yet, Feroz Khan did not change the style of his costumes, as that would effect the continunity. We found it difficult to wear even cotton clothes but he never complained.

He was very disciplined and punctual. He would always be on time on the sets. His dedication surprised me sometimes.

He was very emotional when the shoot was over. When we returned to Mumbai, he surprised me with many gifts. I feel I have lost a family member.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails